Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Uncommon Common


a.k.a. the BEST brunch deal this side of the Blackstone River, even though it nearly killed Driscoll, A-Ten and myself this morning. For $5.95, you get your choice of two pancakes or four pieces of Texas-style French toast, three eggs, two slices of toast, three chopped up potatoes and your choice of two sausages patties, six pieces of bacon or ham. Not a bad deal, eh? It should be noted that the pancakes (pictured above) were a foot in diameter, no word of a lie.

Having had brown-sugar and banana pancakes for brunch with Hodge yesterday, I opted for the French toast this morning. I was forced to order an additional chocolate chip pancake afterwards, however, to silence the two haters who questioned the legitimacy of my original conquest. Apparently, four pieces of French toast is equivalent to only one of those mutant pancakes. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't cheating myself.

Moving on, no running to report, which will likely be the case for the next few days. My right Achilles is barely recognizable, which is probably as good a sign as any to bite the bullet, take some time off and let the damn thing heal. Being Sunday, I think I'm gonna use today to rest up and mentally prepare myself for a week in the pool. I'm not excited about the prospect at all, but it's pretty apparent that I was getting nowhere fast trying to half-ass my way through runs this past week. You'd think I would've learned by this point.

And that's gonna do it for now. Time to catch the last of the conference championships and take some early guesses as to how the Big Dance is gonna shape up later this evening. Take it easy.

Quote of the day:

Don't be afraid to take a big step. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps. A person who follows in another's track leaves no footprints. Thus, the task is not so much to see what no one yet has seen, but to think what nobody yet has thought about that which everybody sees.
– Arthur Schopenhauer

2 comments:

Kurt in Boston said...

So... where does one find this great brunch?!

Mario said...

Sorry, that lil tidbit should have received mention in the original post. The Common Ground in Hopedale, MA was the provider of this beastly brunch.