Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Slow new low...

...for A-Ten and I today at West Hill, as well as this blog, for that matter. First the running. Adam and I ran - I use that term very loosely - the 'ol four-mile loop in 31:30, which is an all-time personal worst for both of us on our beloved trails. I don't mind running that slowly, it's just the manner in which we both did it - banged up, hobbling and complaining the whole time.

And it's now 11:50 and time to escape the rigors of another hectic night here at work. I'll be glad when all these dang tournaments are over. Sorry for the brevity of this pathetic entry, but it's worth mentioning that I started that first paragraph at around 8:30 and just got around to finishing it up. Yep, one of them nights.

So that's gonna have to be it for today, but I've got the next two days off work so I'll make a better effort to improve the quality of these entries. G'night all.

Quote of the day:

All I have ever asked of myself is to perform at the highest level I am capable of.
- Bob Kennedy

2 comments:

Paul said...

Mario,

When I first got back into running again in '04 (at age 40) I hurt my achilles pretty bad while trying to run a 200m race. After absolute rest I found the eccentric strenghthening exercises in the article below very effective. The science makes sense as well.

Achilles Treatment This may have no application to your issue, but hopefully it helps.

- Paul

PS I'll be testing the tendons and everything else up at the Reggie in two weeks for the National Masters meet.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Mario! We go through these trials and tribulations for a reason, so just keep hanging in there!

Will be gracing Central Mass with my presence sometime next week, so hopefully Driscoll and I will be able to catch up with you!

Have a good one!

Much love from Arkansas!
~Katie G.