Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Elitist

A deliberately short entry today as I'll be heading to Springfield soon for the D2 version of the Elite 8, starring Stonehill men's basketball. The opponent is Tarleton State, a bunch of behemoths from the Lonestar State, currently ranked 13th in the nation. The Skyhawks check in at #12, so if the numbers mean anything, then it should be a pretty good game. Either way, there's excitment in the air surrounding Stonehill athletics these days, even among the alumni. It's great to see.

In other news, I successfully ended my two days of complete laziness early this afternoon, swimming for 500 meters and pool running for 30 minutes. Believe me, nothing earthshattering about my efforts, but it did feel good to get the blood flowing a bit and stretch the legs out some. Probably more of the same tomorrow, and if all goes well, hopefully a lil run on Friday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

And that's gonna have to do it for now. Gotta run a few errands before meeting up with McRun and heading west on the Pike. Take it easy all.

Quote of the day:

I'm happy to be riding back into this country. It is a kind of nowhere, famous for nothing at all and has an appeal because of just that.
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should come to the gym with in the morning. i'll hit the pool with you. but i go early, usually when you are still asleep.
jayme