Friday, March 03, 2006

Kemibe's keen eye

So call me Captain Obvious, or just check out Kemibe's latest post here. His attention to detail and accompanying spoof on a typical entry in this space are truly something to behold. Well done. Asshole.

Just kidding, well the asshole part that is. I got a good laugh out of it.

With that out of the way (bet ya didn't see that one coming), on to the mundane details of yet another day in the life of yours truly. My Achilles is still being a bitch, and a fat one at that, as 1600mg a day of ibuprofen and a freezer's worth of ice are seemingly not helping the swelling matter all that much. I finally threw the heel lifts that I hoped I'd never have to use again into my shoes, so maybe that's the missing variable in the healing equation. Brad suggested some sort of anti-inflamatory cream such as DSMO or Arnica, so I may give that whirl (there I go again) later on this afternoon. Zeke recommended looking into "the sock", but I think I'm gonna hold off on that one. In the meantime, conventional methods will have to suffice.

After another realignment session this morning with Dr. Sjogren, I killed a few hours at home doing absolutely nothing before dragging my ass to the Y, where I treaded water for 62 painstaking minutes and swam - or performed an act that vaguely resembled swimming, I should say - a few laps until my upper body decided it had enough for the day.

Oh, and for Jennifer, who left a comment about "Cinderella Man", and anyone else who was wondering for that matter, here's my brief take: Good movie, one of the better ones that I've seen of late. Although the end result was rather predictable, the director did a good job of letting the story play out. In terms of setting, etc., it reminded me of Far and Away, for it's Depression-era, boxing-based love story. Definitely worth seeing.

And that pretty much does it for today (Kemibe missed that near-daily inclusion, apparently). I'm off to Abington this evening for dinner with the Papile's. If this damn injury is good for anything, it frees up some time to catch up with friends, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Until tomorrow sometime, take it easy (on me Kemibe, take it easy on me!!!).

Quote of the day:

The cream always rises to the top. I'm a good example of that. Not exactly whipped cream. I'm kind of an ugly foam.
- Rex Hudler

2 comments:

kemibe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kemibe said...

With posterity in mind, the direct link to your roasting is here.

In less important matters, I have always found that 2400 mg/day of Vitamin I is necessary to achieve a prolonged anti-inflammatory effect (800 mg q 8h). Some arthrists patients are on 3200 mg/day, but who knows whether they rue the losses of their stomach linings or not.