Saturday, March 04, 2006

Scurrying, yet again

Continuing with this blog's theme of predictability, I bring to you yet another last-minute duck-under-the-deadline late-night entry.

As usual, not much of interest to report. The only running to speak of today was of the aquatic nature again, as it's been three days now since I last let my feet log some land miles. As for my underwater endeavors, I lasted 45 pathetic minutes in the presence of a crowd that ranged from energetic four-year-olds to bouyant behemoths of the aged variety. Not exactly a recipe for a ripping good time, believe me. The swelling on my achilles has subsided some and the crepitus is not nearly as squeaky as it was two days ago - all good signs. If all continues to hold up well throughout the night, I may join Hodgie for an easy four-miler tomorrow morning in Sterling. If the little bastard decides to act up again (the Achilles, not Hodgie), then I guess I'll just have to settle for breakfast.

Right now, however, I'll just have to settle for another hour or so of work before heading home. Who am I kidding, I'm gonna go cry in the corner after watching my beloved Dukies fall at home to the Heels - not sure if I can handle two league losses in the same week. G'night all.

Quote of the day:

There was no refuge in mercy, there was nothing to forgive and no one to issue dispensation. And at last he saw: There was no refuge in cowardice, because he was not afraid. There was no alternative, it had to be done.

- Once A Runner

No comments: