Friday, March 17, 2006

Holy hoopla!

Did I mention how much I love this time of year?

Another set of just truly great games today...and it's not even over yet! So far we've got one big upset (Northwestern State), three minor upsets (N.C. State, George Mason and Bucknell), two almost upsets (UConn and Ohio State) and a bunch of close games still in progress (UNC, Kentucky and Texas). I apologize to those of you who come here for a daily dose of running-related commentary, but these games are much more entertaining than anything going on in the running world right now. Take my word for it.

With all that being said, let's talk a little running. Key word here being 'little'. I ran for 37 minutes this afternoon, I'm guessing it was a smidge over 5 miles or so. My Achilles felt pretty good for the most part but I can tell it's not totally healed yet so I've gotta continue to be careful over the next few days. I've taken a fair amount of time off over the last three weeks, but if I don't test the thing every now and then, I'll never know how it's progressing, or regressing, for that matter. As I've been saying for a few weeks now, one day at a time.

OK, enough idle running chat for now. Today is St. Patty's Day, and despite my 25% of maternally-influenced Mickness, I did nothing special to celebrate the holiday. Sad, I know. I had a couple of options in and around Boston, but neither of them materialized, so I went out to dinner with the whole fam damily instead. After working till nearly 2 o'clock this morning, however, the possibility of going to bed early tonight and catching up on some much-needed sleep sounded rather appealing to me.

And right about now, it sounds more appealing than ever, so I'm gonna hit the hay while I have the chance. Hope everyone got their weekend started off right. 'Night all.

Quote of the day:

This weekend is the L.A. Marathon. Last year the winner was a guy from Mexico. Second place, the border guard who was chasing him.
- Jay Leno

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coffee Mug tomorrow = one happy gal here!