Monday, March 27, 2006

Making strides

Albeit very slow ones, they're strides nonetheless, which is more than I could say at this time last week. I ran 5 miles today without any major problems, although my Achilles was a bit tight towards the end of the run. I'm having a little trouble discerning whether or not the Achilles itself is really 'tight' or if its 'tight' because I'm consciously thinking about it every time my foot comes off the ground. I think it might be a combination of the two, if that makes any sense. Regardless, tomorrow is gonna be a day off from running just to let the bastard rest. I'm more or less starting from scratch again, so no need to rush at this point. The primary goal right now is to get back into good working order and then go from there.

In other news, I've taken a somewhat perverted interest in looking out for absurd slogans that pop up on the signs in front of churches, many of which happen to be either Evangelical or Lutheran. I've seen so many lately while driving around that I just started writing them down for my own amusement. I'm probably going straight to hell if such a place does indeed exist. Some of my favorites, in no particular order:

* 3 nails + 1 cross = 4-given

* Sign Broken, Message Inside

* Life is fragile, handle with prayer

* This church is prayer-conditioned

* Wrinkled with worry? Come in for a faith lift!

And there's plenty more where those came from, believe me. Emmanuel Lutheran near my house updates theirs every Friday without fail, so I'll be sure to share any new ones that catch my eye before they nearly kill me with laughter. In all seriousness, I've got to find a new hobby.

And that does it for this evening. Gotta finish putting my page together and then it's time to head home. Take it easy all.

Quote of the day:

It's all in the execution. First, you have to have the vision, then you have to believe in it, and then, you can't be afraid to take risks and chances.
- Vin Lananna

3 comments:

Paul said...

Mario,

Have they posted this one yet?

"God answers knee mail"

Anonymous said...

you're not the only one who is amused by the signs. jessi and i are as well.

-jayme

Mario said...

Paul-

I have caught that one in the past. Here's the latest:

Free trip to heaven, details inside.

MF