Tuesday, January 31, 2006

2's Day

Remember that massage I was looking forward to this morning?

Well, I sure do, because right now it feels like somebody shot me in the hamstrings. But believe me, this is a welcome discomfort. The back of my legs have been pretty dang tight of late, but I believe Cathy and her evil elbow were able to work out most of my problems this morning. It's been a while since I've had my legs worked on, but with any luck, they'll be back to normal by Thursday. Hopefully, tearing around the track tonight at other-worldly speeds doesn't hinder the healing process too much. I'll find out tomorrow morning, I guess.

Upon arriving home from my hellacious hour on the massage table, I headed out for my standard Tuesday shakeout run around Pakachoag Hill, covering the five-mile loop in 32:55. Other than the aforementioned soreness in my hamstrings, this was a pretty good run. I didn't feel nearly as sluggish as the past few days which is hopefully a sign that things are on the up-n-up. I've been trying to get a bit more rest of late while making sure that I've been eating well and getting enough fluids, electrolytes, etc. in me. My energy levels are slowly picking up, so it seems to be helping.

In other news, it was announced that Alan Culpepper will be joining Meb as a member of the American contingent that will be running Boston in April. As I mentioned in previous posts, this is a great thing for the sport in general, American marathoning and the race itself. Hopefully others will continue to follow suit.

Lastly, I'd like to ask anyone out there reading this who also keeps a blog on this website what the easiest way to put a picture in my profile is. Is it absolutely imperative that I download the recommended software to do so? I'm a bit of a technological idiot, so if anyone out there can walk me through the process, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

OK, I'm off to take care of a few things before heading into Reggie for my weekly dose of speed. Take it easy all.

NOTE: Today's '10 Things About Me" list has been postponed until further notice.

Quote of the day:

"In a nutshell, I start just over there, run 12½ laps and I win over there."
-Australia's Craig Mottram talking after looking at the new track that is being built for the 2006 Commonwealth Games in his native land.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't download any software to put a picture in my profile. You just need a picture and know where it's located (i.e. the website).