Sunday, January 15, 2006

Better late than never

And the blogging streak continues, barely. Today was a fairly hectic day, complete with a long run in the snow, an awesome brunch, a couple NFL playoff games, six measly hours of work and an hour or so of leisurely reading thrown in there for good measure - not a bad day if I do say so myself. Something had to give, however, and today's blog entry was the unfortunate victim.

Today's long run will go down as one of the more unpleasant experiences of 2006 thus far. After 50 degree temps and a light rain yesterday, three inches of snow and ice combined with a strong wind chill and single-digit temps was a rather large kick in the balls this morning. Ryan and I trudged through the unplowed back roads of Sterling, Clinton and Lancaster for an hour and 52 minutes, covering the same 15-mile course a whole seven minutes slower than we did four weeks ago. Despite the time, it was still a pretty solid effort, but I wouldn't go so far as to use any form of the verb "to run" in describing the activity we partook in.

Speaking of partaking, or lack thereof I should say, Hodgie conveniently bailed on us upon looking at the winter wonderland outside his window this morning. Since I know he now reads this blog every so often, now is as good a time as any to let him know that as a result of his absence, he missed out on Christy Mae's fantastic brunch of french toast, eggs, sausage and homefries. Your loss Bob, hope the pool was warm enough for you!

It's now 11:58 and while I've got some more to say, I need to publish this sucker to accomplish my daily blogging goal by the skin of my teeth. More to come tomorrow, I swear. G'night all.

Quote of the day:
I slept till noon, squeezed in my two runs or an indoor track workout before going to work at the newspaper. Life was good.
- Following the Flame, p. 210

No comments: