Sunday, January 01, 2006

A new year, a new blog...

....or my first blog, really. Being January 1st - THE cliche of all cliches for fresh beginnings - now seems as good a time as any to try something new, hence the reason for starting this blog. The trick, as with many of my other ambitious endeavors, will be actually sticking to it.

Now, with all that out in the open, what can one expect to find here on a (hopefully) daily basis? Good question. I enjoy writing, particularly for an audience, so on one end I will aim to please my readers. On the other side of the coin, I find comfort in putting my own thoughts into words, so this is as much for me as the people who happen to stumble upon this space. Also, running is a very big part of my life - hence the title at the top if the page - so expect a lot of my entries to be centered around and influenced by this highly thought-provoking and philosophical act. Lastly, I consider myself a paragon of randomness, so who the hell knows what else will find it's way in here - all the more reason to check in on a regular basis.

That's about it for now - not for lack of anything to say, but mainly because my work is done for the night and I'm about to head home. With any luck, I'll stick with this little project and update this thing on a regular basis. As with most of life's realities, however, only time will tell.

No comments: