Monday, January 09, 2006

Heading for the hills

I've got a little time to kill before heading out to the hills of Clinton for a night run with Ryan, so now seems as good as ever for a lil update. Originally, I planned on returning to the motherland tonight for a twilight run followed by some pizza and wings at Owen's with the boys, but it's come to my attention that Bergs is still south of the equator, Pat the elder is in Jersey for a few days to test the limits of his respiratory system and Campbell is, well, who knows with him.

That brings me to where I am now: sitting in my bed, pecking away at the keyboard while sipping on the day's second cup of tea and listening to the docile tones of Jack Johnson. Life could be far worse.

Let's see, what else?

Kevin Beck had an interesting post yesterday in his blog - an entry which I seemed to relate to on quite a few levels. Before starting this blog, I unsuccessfully pioneered a web site aimed at entertaining the running public, made a few (albeit infrequent) contributions to this web site, and more or less have been jumping in and out of the online eye of the cyber-running masses since. It all comes full circle here I guess. This blog represents a challenge to myself to stay on top of things for the next year, in all aspects of life - personally, running, professionally, and beyond. It all comes down to accountability, and that's why I've made this sucker public. If I'm slacking, I'll know it - heck, you'll know too, and hopefully get on me for it.

Speaking of getting on things, I've got to climb on my figurative horse and get my ass out to Clinton so I'm not late for my lil jaunt with Mr. Carrara. I'm not working tonight, so the early verdict is that I'll have time on my hands to make another entry later on - unless something slightly more stimulating happens to come along, that is. My advice: check back, you never know what you might find.

Adios for now.

No comments: