Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Middle of the day and I 've got something to say

Well, sorta. Nothing overly philosophical, revolutionary, or even remotely interesting for that matter, but something nonetheless. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what direction this entry is going in, but I've got a few hours to kill before venturing into Beantown for practice, so let's see where it ends up.

If anything, I'd like to accomplish one of the intermediate goals I set for myself in last night's entry, namely listing some of my goals for '06 - both for myself and for those of you reading this. So without further adue, here goes:

PERSONAL
- Live up to no one's expectations but my own.
- Better both myself and those around me.
- Try different things, meet new people and visit places I've never been to.
- Procrastinate less, accomplish more.
- Keep a balance in my life, stay positive and do what makes me happy.

RUNNING
- Again, live up to no one's expectations but my own. Believe in myself and what I'm doing.
- Enjoy running for the simple act that it is.
- Stay healthy, take care of my body.
- Run faster than I ever have before over the longer distances, more specifically: sub-8:20 in the 3K, sub-14:30 in the 5K and sub-30:10 in the 10K.
- Chicago Marathon, October '06: sub-2:22 debut and a Trials qualifier.
*The accomplishment of these last two will greatly depend on the success of the three that precede them.

PROFESSIONAL
- For the third time, live up to my own expectations. (anyone else see a theme here?)
- Seek out more opportunities to write - at work, freelancing and otherwise.
- Make the most of any opportunities presented to me.

And that pretty much sums it up, I think. A lot of these things have been floating around in my head for some time now, but it felt good to get it all down in front of me for the first time - a small accomplishment in and of itself. At second glance, this entry looks like a checklist, but one I look forward to crossing things off of over the next 12 months. Anyways, that's it for now - time to pack up and begin my trek through the snow to Reggie for a lil bit of a workout w/my 'mates. Take it easy.

No comments: