Monday, January 23, 2006

Manic Monday

I kid, I kid - just the opposite actually. Not much going on today because believe it or not, we got snowed on - again. Just three days ago I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt while running 200-meter strides on a clear outdoor track. This morning I trudged through my normal 53-minute, eight-mile loop in just over an hour. By mid-afternoon it was close to 40 and the shit was already starting to melt so I was able to run on clear roads. The moral of the story: Mother Nature is indeed a whore.

Other than the less-than-ideal weather conditions neither of my runs was all that bad today, really. My legs were expectedly a bit beat-up from yesterday's 15 laps of pure unadulterated torture, but not nearly as wrecked as I anticipated them being. I found myself in a bit of a quandary in regards to today's daily mileage, however, because I wanted to make sure I recovered from yesterday's race but still get in a little bit of volume without taxing myself for tomorrow night's workout. I opted for the 'ol 8/4 double, keeping the pace relaxed on both runs, and I believe that I was able to effectively accomplish what I set out to do. I'm not sure what Kevin has on tap for a workout tomorrow night, but with most of us racing at BU on Friday night I can't imagine that it will be anything overly taxing.

And really, that does it for today. Sadly, there was no real other excitement to speak of maybe except for my mom whipping up some homemade mac & cheese for dinner. Pathetic, I know. I'll have a bit of time on my hands tomorrow and will hopefully be able put a little more life into my otherwise dead entries of late. G'night all.

Quote of the day:

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.
T.S. Eliot

No comments: