Wednesday, January 04, 2006

This one's for my fans

All two of them - namely Mark Driscoll and Katie Gwyther, the fastest couple in southern CT. Right now, I'm in the midst of mapping out this morning's 95-minute misadventure, which I'm guessing was a touch over 14 miles. My legs felt surprisingly good less than 14 hours after tearing them to shreds on the 'ol indoor oval, so I'll take that as a positive sign that I'm recovering well - hopefully I can make that same statement tomorrow.

This just in: according to G-Maps, I covered precisely 14.8 miles this morning, which works out to an average pace of 6:27, maybe a bit faster than I wanted to go, but whatever. My fitness is really starting to come around, workouts are going well (more importantly, I'm recovering from them fairly quickly) and I'm looking forward to strapping the spikes back on in a few weeks. As a whole, our group has been looking solid in practice and I do believe that from top to bottom we're going to run pretty fast this year.

That's about it for now. Sorry to cut things short, BUT I am planning on a second update from work tonight, so do check back if you're so inclined. Adios for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I be fan #3? Welcome to blogland!