Monday, January 30, 2006

Evening update

As of 8:25 p.m. it's still a bit slow here at work, so I'll take the opportunity to ramble on a lil bit about the relative lack of inactivity that's transpired since my last entry.

After a feeble attempt at taking a short nap this afternoon, I dressed and headed out the door at 4:30 for a short jaunt up the hill to Holy Cross and back, finishing the four-mile roundtrip in a shade over 26 minutes and giving me 12 miles on the day. I was moving along at a pretty honest clip from the get-go and timed a mile on the track at 6:07, which felt fairly comfortable. Compared to my last few runs, this one went surprisingly well and I actually had some semblence of pep in my stride for the first time in a few days. I wolfed down a PB&J along with a cup of tea about 30 minutes before heading out the door, so maybe the carbohydrate-caffeine combo woke my lethargic ass up a bit. Either way, it was nice not to be dragging ass for once, even though I wasn't out there all that long.

Upon arriving back at my house around 5, I got in a quick stretch and did an abbreviated version of my 'abs & uppers' routine before hopping in the shower at exactly 5:31, getting dressed, grabbing my pre-packed dinner and making it into the office with four minutes to spare at 5:56. Talk about cutting it close!

Which brings me to where I am now - designing pages, cropping photos and fitting stories for the Tuesday edition of the T & G Sports page. Ahh, life as the layout editor, a position I have the misfortune of finding myself in three out of my last four days at work, minus a bastard desk shift. A few late nights, but all in all, not a terribly bad existence.

With any luck, I'll be out of here by 12:30 or so and home and in bed by 1. I've got a massage scheduled in the morning which will hopefully help flush out some of the shit that's been accumulating in my legs of late. And that's gonna do it for today, g'night all.

Today's 5 Random Things About Me:
(due to time constraints and lack of imagination)
1. I got kicked out of a bar during Cape Week my senior year of college for being belligerant. Hey, I thought it was pretty funny too.
2. I've never been fired from a job. Yet.
3. When I was an infant I busted my head open by charging full-steam ahead into the wooden TV on the floor at my grandparent's house. This might explain a lot.
4. When I was in eighth grade my school sponsered a Walkathon for Technology. The person who was able to walk the most laps of the school yard in an hour won a trophy. I ran. And I won.
5. On my first day of swim lessons in the second grade I nearly drowned. Needless to say, I never went back.

No comments: