Friday, April 28, 2006

Relay this message

It's time for Penn!

The fun started last night with the distance races and continues through the weekend with all sorts of wacky relays, invitational races, et. al. My personal favorite are the "U.S vs. The World" relays - I always get a kick out of those. For some reason it reminds me of American Gladiator, don't ask me why. Like the rest of the world even stands a chance.

Anyways, back to last night and a few performances of note. Good pal Katie G. narrowly missed nabbing a Penn Relays watch in the Collegiate Women's 5000-meter Championship, finishing second in a new personal best of 16:12. I can say with confidence that she would surely kick my ass right now.

Also riding the personal best train was occasional training partner and all-around good guy Nate Jenkins, finishing 6th in the OD 5K with a nifty 9-second PR of 14:22. Rumor also has it that he just signed a little deal with Saucony, a well deserved deal, I might add.

And that's gonna do it. My self-allotted online time is up for the day. Take it easy all.

Quote of the day:

It'd be nice to see a goofy white guy win it.
- Brian Sell on the Boston Marathon

No comments: