Monday, April 17, 2006

A few outwardly shouts

Some noteworthy performances by a few close pals and loyal blog readers who I tracked during today's race. Except Campbell that is. The FBI couldn't track him. Anyways, without further adue:

Former Stonehill teammates Kim Nolan (3:09:03), Rob Sparkes (3:10:17) and James "the Bandit" Campbell (3:15 or so). I didn't manage to catch any of them afterwards, but trying to find someone after Boston is the human equivalent of trying to find a needle in a haystack. Solid efforts by all three of these former Chieftains. Yes, Chieftains.

Chris Voce (2:40:05). My current Reebok Boston teammate, who I did manage to flag down just past the finish line. Don't ask me how I did it, we'll just say that Voce stands out high above the crowd. If it weren't for those hideously red racing flats, he might have got the six seconds he was looking for. A damn good race nonetheless.

Flash (2:44:20). I've never actually met Josh, but frequently check out his blog and knew he was looking for a sub-2:40. Didn't look like that was in the cards, but I think this is a PR for him at Boston, if I'm not mistaken. Nice work.

Quote of the day:

One hell of an experience though. I started so far in the back that it was tough to get going, but it was a lot of fun (and a lot of pain).
- Rob Sparkes, my former C'pn

No comments: