Monday, January 19, 2009

Wise Guy

10:00 AM - BSC - Bike, 30:00.
5 x 2:00 @ 80-85% effort w/2:00 recovery.

3:35 PM - Auburn - 8 miles, 56:00.
6 x 20-second strides.

It's not often that I make wise decisions before 8 o'clock in the morning, but electing to put my run off until after noon time today was nothing less than an act of pure brilliance on my part.

Of course, the fact that I was in a miserable mood after digging out my driveway for the second time in as many days helped make my decision to ride the bike this morning an easy one. A wise man once told me not to run angry, and believe me I was in a much better mood this afternoon with the temperature above freezing and plenty of clear pavement at my disposal than I would have been sliding around in 5 fresh inches of snowy shit earlier this morning.

Bitching and moaning aside, today turned out to be a solid day on the training side of things. Nothing worth noting about either workout, just putting in the time and trying not to tax my legs too much before I hit the track again tomorrow night. I did strides for the first time in recent memory and it felt oh-so-good to open things up a bit and turn the legs over a little. Still got some stretching and core work to take care of tonight, so I'm gonna call it quits on this entry and ensure those things get done. Take it easy.

No comments: