Friday, January 02, 2009

Flip Flop

8:20 AM - BSC - Bike, 1:00:00.
65-70 % recovery effort throughout.

In the interest of acting intelligently, I decided to flip-flop my workouts for today and tomorrow, using today as a non-running recovery day and giving my easily broken body another day to bask in the absence of impact. Down right brilliance, I know. Not sure what's gotten into me.

One thing I do need to get into, or back into I should say, is a regular lifting and core routine. I was Steady Eddy for almost 10 weeks, then the holidays hit and everything went to shit. I haven't touched a weight in almost two weeks now and my newly-refined core routine - thank you Mike Roberts - has been inconsistent at best the last couple days. I need to get my ass back in gear and not half-ass the essential exercises that will keep my ass in one piece.

Sorry for the overabundance of ass right there, but I felt the need to admit my inconsistencies on the internet. It's for my own good. Just because I'm feeling fit again I can't allow myself to fall off the rehabilitation wagon - not yet, anyway. Who am I kidding, at the rate I'm going I'm probably never getting off the thing, and that might actually turn out to be a blessing in disguise. As long as I'm in the driver's seat I might as well stay along for the ride, because with my injury history the last thing I want to be doing is falling off wagons.

No comments: