Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday...Sunday...SUNDAY!!!

SATURDAY
OFF

SUNDAY
9:45 AM - Hudson/Marlboro - 12 miles, 1:35:00.

2:20 PM - BSC - Bike, 30:00.
Steady 70% effort throughout.
Full stretch, core and upper body work afterward.

Sunday has always been my most favorite day of the week, even more so of late because it's now one of my regular days off from work. What's so special about Sunday? Nothing, and that's what I love about it. It's such a carefree day, with nothing more to worry about than running with friends in the morning and enjoying a big ass brunch afterward. Of course, an afternoon on the couch watching football is always fun too, unless your team goes 11-5 and doesn't make the playoffs, then that couch just doesn't seem so appealing any more.

But I digress. Football or no football, sun or snow, trails or roads, blueberry waffles or Swedish tea ring, soft leather couch or stiff pleather saddle of a spin bike, you just can't beat Sunday. It's like Ralph Wiggum failing English - unpossible!

On the training side of things, last week was decent despite dropping a big 0 in the log book on Saturday. Volume-wise, I more or less mirrored the week before, with 41 miles running on 5 sessions, totaling just under 5 hours worth of meaningful forward motion. I did increase the overall intensity a little bit, with a solid hill session on Tuesday and an encouraging, but otherwise unspectacular progression run on Friday. I fell one ride short of my intended 3 hours in the saddle, but I can live with that. Stretching, strength and core work was much more consistent than last week, which is another step in the right direction. I just hope to keep heading that way.

No comments: