Saturday, January 03, 2009

Easy ending

7:45 AM - Auburn - 7 miles, 52:00.

I took off on a rare run from home this morning, my first foray from the 4-0 since Christmas day. The scene as I stepped out of my garage actually somewhat resembled the stereotypical image of Christmas morning, with a fresh dusting of snow making it just slippery enough to put me in a pissy mood. I'll cut off my complaining there, however, as the run turned out to be quite the enjoyable affair. I kept the effort easy and just focused on covering ground without causing any more undue harm to my fragile frame. It was an appropriate ending to what otherwise ended up being an average-at-best week.

Speaking of the week, it finished off with 42 miles and just under 5 hours of running on 5 sessions. I spent two hours in the saddle and didn't lift a lick. My core routine was inconsistent at best and I really need to get back into the swing of stretching again on a regular basis. The goal is to gradually add another hour of running and another hour of biking over the next few weeks and get my lifting and core routine back off the ground. I might sound like I'm being hard on myself but I need to be to get where I want to go. The good thing is, I'm on my way.

Freezer 5 finish, 01.01.09 (Courtesy: CMS)

No comments: