Thursday, January 08, 2009

No surrender

9:15 AM - Westboro - 6 miles, 43:00.
6 x 20-second strides. 4 sets of drills & walking stretches afterward.

It snowed (again) last night, not a whole lot but just enough to leave the roads a little sloppier than I would have liked to see them when I woke up this morning. I contemplated running on the rat wheel for a while on my drive to the gym, but thought better of it when I could pick out some patches of pavement as I rolled into Westboro. The run itself was unspectacular at best, but I did spice it up with a few strides toward the end to flush out some of the crap taking up temporary residence in my quads. They're still feeling a bit battered from an up-and-down battle with ol' Eli Whitney the other day, but those seasoned soldiers aren't ready to throw up the white flag just yet. They'll be back to fight hard another day, possibly as soon as tomorrow.

In more exciting news, it looks as if I may be taking my running ramblings to other areas of the web on a freelance basis in the near future. I'm withholding details until I get more details myself, but I'm excited about the opportunity to potentially have my name back in a byline sometime soon, so keep yo' eyes open!

No comments: