Friday, January 23, 2009

Go West, young man

8:25 AM - BSC - Bike, 35:00.
5 x 2:30 @ 85-90% effort w/2:30 recovery.

3:05 PM - Westboro - 5 miles, 37:00.

Hit it fairly hard during a short session on the spin bike this morning, the first time I've upped the non-impact intensity in a few weeks. I got the heartrate high and kept the risk of injury low, and right now I really can't ask for much more than that. I capped off the day with an easy run around Westboro in tropical 40-degree temps. It was magical.

OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration but it was a nice way to break up the work day.

In other news, my spring racing plans have been altered of earlier this week, as the Gate River Run in mid-March will no longer be a reality. For me, anyway. While the rest of my mates from NB Boston will still be heading south, I will be going west, for work of all things. Earlier this week the store received a formal invitation from Brooks to attend their annual Symposium in Seattle from March 12-15. This is a big deal for our little store -- a huge deal, really -- as we were the only specialty running account from the New England region to receive an invitation to this annual event. It's easily the biggest honor and best recognition bestowed upon us by one of our vendors in the four years we've been in business. Personally, I wrestled for a little while about where I should go and what I should do, but professionally this is a too tremendous an opportunity to pass up. It promises to be a great time and I'm very much looking forward to spending a few days in Seattle sipping on west-coast coffee and rambling on about running shoes while watching the puddles gather rain.

As far as races go, there are plenty of other ones out there. Gotta sit down when I get a second, take a look at the calendar, talk it over with Kevin and see what makes the most sense. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring me back something to fit my ridiculous feet...

My Omni 5 supply is depleted

Scott

k.gwyth said...

A sneak peak of one of the places your feet will most likely be gracing in 11 DAYS is up on the log...;)