Thursday, October 11, 2007

6 + 4 = 10

9:50 AM - 10 miles, 1:09:05 - Sterling Rail Trail.
6-mile loop in 42:35, then 26:30 for the 'ol 4-banger. Call it a slow man's progression run.

This morning marked the last run of any significant distance before this weekend's race in Lowell. Given that I hit the hills hard on Tuesday night with Jeff, I kept things relaxed the entire way to make sure I get all the shit out of my legs before Bay State. I'll do a short maintenance workout of 3 x 2 minutes at steady clip in the middle of my 6-miler tomorrow morning and follow that up with an easy 4-mile jog on Saturday before thrashing myself for 13.1 miles on Sunday morning. Call me masochistic, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Quote of the Day

"It’s a one step at a time thing. I would like to just progressively keep getting better and stay healthy...I think so long as I stay focused and healthy, I’ll be in the running."
- Paige Higgins, who ran an 8-minute PR to finish seventh in 2:40:14 at Sunday's Chicago Marathon


No comments: