Wednesday, October 03, 2007

11 miles down, 11 wins to go

7:35 AM - 7 miles, 50:00 - Rockland 7.
Legs felt fine, kitchen started off as a 6-7 on the discomfort scale but settled in around 5-6 for most of the run.

7:10 PM - 4 miles, 30:05 - Westboro.
Easy shakeout from the store with Casey after work. Discomfort level down around Level 4-5. Fortunately, I think things loosen up a bit throughout the day.

This will be quick since I just got home and need to nourish myself while belatedly relishing in the Sox' 4-0 blanking of the Angels.

The internal strife that I've been suffering through of late still remains a struggle, but I will continue to soldier on, hopefully, until at least Bay State. On the proactive side of things, I have an appointment with my PCP tomorrow morning, and while I don't think he'll be able to tell me something I don't already know, I'm hoping he can set me up for a scan of some sorts to better shed some light on my, uh, situation.

That's all I got time for right now, but stay tuned for a full update tomorrow.

Peace, love and Josh Beckett for the 2008 AL Cy Young Award.

Quote of the Day

"He’s aggressive, competitive, and tough. You play any game with him, and he just wants to kill you. And he takes it personally if you beat him. Running is an aggressive sport, and you need to be out there thinking aggressively. Brian maintains that tenacity in training every day. He might not be the fastest guy over a quarter-mile, but he can take a pounding like I’ve never seen.”
- Clint Verran on Hansons' teammate Brian Sell

No comments: