Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Sunday

And it's got nothing to do with the game on TV right now. Well, not totally, anyway.

The day started off rather early - for me, at least - as I met up with Ryan and Christy Mae in Clinton at 9:30 for a longer run of sorts. The weather was in line with the adjective in the title of this entry, as it was in the mid-40's when we started off and hovered around 50 degrees in the sun when we finished up an hour and forty-some-odd minutes later - well, Ryan and I that is. We ran with Christy for the first 45 minutes or so before going our separate ways, at which point Mr. Carrara and I started cranking it for a little while, but nothing too crazy. I put in six strides afterwards as Ryan added on another 10 minutes or so. I'm happy to report that my ailing ankle held up quite admirably, even if it was at the unfortunate expense of bypassing those blessed trails around the reservoir. Overall, a solid run, followed by an even sturdier brunch courtesy of Chef Christy Mae. Just a super morning all around, if I do say so myself.

I returned home around 2 p.m. and rested for a couple hours before heading out on an easy 31-minute shakeout jaunt around Pakachoag Hill. I wanted to take advantage of the super (there's that word again) weather, as well as get in some mileage because I'll be scaling things back some heading into Saturday's race. I brought out my old Supernova Classics (n.b. best shoe EVER) for this one and actually felt pretty good on my leisurely afternoon stroll. All in all, I got in 20 miles or so miles on the day, and (knock on wood) am still in one piece and feeling pretty good. I've got a 10-spot on tap for tomorrow, light workout on Tuesday and then easy does it heading into Saturday's 25 laps of fun at BU.

Right now, however, I find myself at work until the Mediocre Bowl is over, the story comes over the wire and I slap it on the page so I can head home for the night. Luckily, the rest of the sports world called it quits early today, so if this game keeps rolling right along then it should be a relatively early night for this guy. In keeping with the theme of the day, early = super. Let's just hope I didn't jinx myself.

And that does it for today. Hope everyone out there had a Super Sunday for themselves. Until tomorrow, take it easy.

Quote of the day:

Most of us laugh at these other sports
- Bill Rodgers

No comments: