Friday, February 03, 2006

Rain, rain go away

Well, the floodgates have opened and I can see Noah loading up his ark off in the distance. It is absolutely pouring out there right now! Hopefully it dies down a bit so we can warm up outside later tonight at the workout. I wimped out this morning and banished myself to the rat wheel for an easy 35 minutes of running just to wake the legs up a bit. Other than that, its been a pretty uneventful Friday. I finished up both of the articles I was working on and am going to let them sit until I get back from practice tonight, at which time I will read them over one last time before sending them in to the editors-that-be. I was happy with how both of them came out and look forward to seeing them round into publication circles soon.

Tonight's workout should be a doozy. Unless Kevin has changed his mind from what he told us the other night, it looks as if it will be 2K, 2 x 1200m, 400 all at a fairly quick pace. It will be our last real solid workout before we race next weekend at BU. Hopefully I can nail this one, which will help me to get my head in the right place going into the 5K in seven days. I'll let ya'll know how it went in my entry manana.

And I really can't think of too much more to add right now. I'ma go put my legs up for a bit before I head out of here in an hour-and-a-half or so. Hope everyone's Friday is treating them fantastically. Take it easy.

Quote of the day:

Now, to take that which has caused us to create the world, and include it within the world we have created, is clearly impossible. That is why Quality cannot be defined. If we do define it we are defining something less than Quality itself.

- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

No comments: