Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The numbers don't lie...

8:25 AM - 10 miles, 1:13:30 - Auburn.
Easy run around town with Erin before work. Tired, but otherwise no complaints.

...but they don't tell me much, either.

So what conclusions can be drawn from the set of statistics I posted last night?

Hell if I know, other than the fact that I'm a real skinny dude with a pretty good set of lungs. Beyond that, it's all Greek to me.

The only thing I do know is that I'm going back in a month or so to do it all over again because Jeff and Tammy don't believe I reached my true maximum heart rate. It's not costing me a dime, so I'll gladly thrash myself again on the rat wheel for the greater good of science.

I'll also thrash myself tomorrow morning for the greater good of my wallet, so I'd best be served to get my scrawny ass to bed at a decent hour in order to maximize my earning potential. Goodnight.

Quote of the Day

"I was just like you guys, when you race in gym class, that's how I started. I wasn't the fastest kid in my class, I was the second-fastest kid in the class but I wanted to be fastest. In fifth grade, I was the fastest in my class but I wanted to be the fastest kid in the school. Once I was the fastest kid in the school, then I wanted the school record."
- Alan Webb

No comments: