Saturday, November 24, 2007

Crazy 8's (and eats!)

7:25 AM - 8 miles, 56:15 - Rockland 7.
Mid-run detour at AHS for 6 x 100-yard strides on the turf. Brisk morning out there, 18 degrees with a slight breeze.

Move over Blind Melon, 8, not 3, is the new magic number.

- Slept 8 glorious hours last night.

- Ran 8 frigid miles this morning, ending my week at exactly 80 miles.

- Worked 8 enjoyable hours at the store today.

- Ate about 8 lbs. worth of finger sandwiches, lasagna, chicken wings, cake and pie at Nate's Allen's 1st annual birthday bash after work. OK, so I'm exaggerating a bit here. Just roll with it.

- Shooting for 8 hours of sleep again tonight so I can be well rested for tomorrow morning's 18 miler which will begin sometime during the 8 o'clock hour.

Quote of the Day

"Some of these guys lapped me on the track a few months back, but this is more my kind of domain. I like hills and road races. I never give anything to anybody in this sort of race."
- Andrew Letherby, winner of the 2007 Manchester Road Race

No comments: