- Woke up at 8:17 a.m., 7 hours and 20 minutes after shutting off Channel 34 in the wee hours of the morning.
- Got the approximately 100,000 hairs that cover the top of my head cut down to a summer-friendly level with the aid of an electric razor and its No. 1 attachment.
- Waited 10 minutes for a 12 oz. cup of coffee because the 2 girls at the B&N cafe apparently share 1/2 a brain.
- Started working on 2 separate newspaper articles, both of which are due exactly 1 week from today.
- Hit 19,000 miles on the odometer of my car, which I have now had for 10 months, meaning I drive an absurd 1,900 miles a month on average.
- Ran 10 miles in 1 hour, 10 minutes and 50 seconds with Hodgie-San, who is 51 years old and has run 2 hours, 10 minutes and 59 seconds for the marathon, an event which is 26.2 miles in length.
- Ate 3 scoops of Edy's triple chocolate ice cream, a unique dessert that features 3 distinct flavors of chocolate packed into 1 container.
- Received 80 e-mails, replied to 5 and generated 1 of my own as of this posting.
- Answered 3 phone calls and made 3 myself as of 10:05 p.m., which is coincidentally the exact time when Jonathon Papelbon threw strike 3 to pick up his 23rd save of the season and seal the deal on the Red Sox 1-0 victory over the Indians, their 5th win in a row.
- Wasted 22 minutes of my time this compiling the 10 items that make up this post, my 14th straight this month.
Quote of the day:
"I was actually kicking around running that race on Sunday until I realized that a hilly course in Holden in probably more severe than a hilly course in Billerica."
- An e-mail from my topographically savvy coach, Kevin Curtin.