Saturday, July 21, 2007

Training Log: July 15-July 21

Sunday - PM: 6 miles, 42:00. Hopedale. Double dirt loop with Marky Mark and Matty T after work. Celebrated this great run by consuming many cookies and a good hunk of tri-berry pie at Driscoll's afterward.
Monday: OFF. ART appointment before work in the continued attempt to make me a structurally sound running machine. Then I went ahead took the day off.
Tuesday - AM: 7 miles, 48:20. Rockland 7. Holy hills! OK, only two hills but still two more than I've run recently. Need to get more of these into my diet.
Wednesday - PM: 5 miles, 36:00. Westboro roads. Legs full of lead after a long day at work. Thankfully Driscoll tagged along to mask the misery.
Thursday - AM: 8 miles, 56:45. Hopedale. Third run with Driscoll this week, felt pretty good, hit up Town Common afterward and didn't have to go into work till noon! Now that's a good day.
Friday - AM: 6 miles, 42:35. Industrial Park. Same loop as a week ago in about the same time. Ankle feels fine, body is b-e-a-t.
Saturday - AM: 6 miles, 42:25. Westboro roads/trails. Met up with Colin Ingram before work at his hotel and after a couple miles on the road, hit up some trails behind the Westboro Business Park. Yes, trails in Westboro -- not a lot of them, but trails nonetheless.

Totals - 38 miles, 6 runs. Good week, slowly moving in the right direction down the old comeback trail. Hopefully I can avoid any more unnecessary detours on the way to my desired destination this fall.

This week I'll continue to build up the mileage and mix in a few strides and a moderate progression run or two. I have also been tweaking a dynamic stretching/drills routine I hope to incorporate into my routine once or twice a week now that I'll have a little more time on my hands. Hopefully a little regular preventative maintenance will go a long way.

Quote of the day:

"I had eight races in my life where everything went perfect. I could make any move, surge, respond and run a PR. I trained the rest of my life for the ninth one."
- David Moorcroft

No comments: