Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Missed calculation

While I was busy making a mathematical mess of yesterday's entry, I neglected to mention my magical Monday night run through beautiful Borderland State Park in North Easton. It's been roughly a year since I last returned to the delectable dirt mecca where I routinely lambasted long runs, wailed workouts and logged many a mile from 2000-2004, and man, that small, yet brilliant network of trails still felt like home.

No, I'm not gonna sit here and reminisce about the good 'ol days when I routinely used to run 6 minutes faster for the same 8-mile loop I slogged through in 58 minutes on Monday night -- no, I'm not gonna do that, but it's worth noting the familiar fuzzy feeling I got while making my way down the approximately 1-mile, off-road pipeline better known as the Easton Town Forest that eventually spit me into Stonehill Cross Country's equivalent of the Holy Land was nothing short of nostalgic.

Anyway, while waxing sentimental over the pristine paths I could probably still run blindfolded, two current Stonehill harriers, accompanied by a recent alum I actually had the pleasure of calling my teammate, came flying by me in the opposite direction, almost on cue and much in the same manner my mates and I used tear up those very same trails on a typical Monday night during the original Summers of Stonehill back in 2002 and 2003.

It was comforting to see the current Chieftains, I mean Skyhawks, following in their predecessor's footsteps and paying proper respect to sacred ground.

Quote of the day:

"An idea isn't worth that much. It's the execution of the idea that has value."
- Joel Spolsky

No comments: