Sunday, August 19, 2007

Run down

No running today, again. This makes two straight days without purposeful forward motion, or any sort of meaningful physical activity for that matter. The good news is the bottom of my right foot is feeling better, although it's still a bit tender. I'm going to test it out with a run tomorrow morning, so hopefully by then I'm over the hump.

Speaking of humps, I apparently pulled something on the left side of my gargantuan arse. My backside has been inexplicably sore since Friday, likely the result of the same botched fall that f'd up the bottom of my foot, but who knows for sure.

All I do know is that I don't want to take any more unplanned time off. Better to take care of this stupid shit now.

Quote of the day:

"I'm going to put my faith in [Boen] and everything she says. You realize that you don't have to go out and kill yourself in workouts. It's about learning how to control yourself."
- Kevin Gill, incoming freshman cross country runner at Stonehill, demonstrating he's already wise beyond his years.

No comments: