Friday, August 24, 2007

Great escape

9:30 AM - 10 miles, 1:10:00 - West Hill.

I returned to the scene of last week's crime and am happy to report that I escaped scot-free this time around. A-Ten and I had a nice little run on some of the newer trails around West Hill that he, Jeff and Dan discovered earlier this summer. Mind you the founding fathers of the WHTC have been running some variation of the same 3 loops for the past 7 years, so this little deviation from the norm was a most welcome change.

Getting off the roads, for me at least, was a welcome change as well. I was a little worried how the foot would react to the terrain changes of the trails but thankfully I didn't have any problems. Unlike last week, I was able to successfully put one foot in front of the other this morning, greatly reducing the chances of any new, unforeseen, freakish, not to mention annoying, injuries.

With any luck, I'll be able to avoid any more unwelcome hiccups as we head toward the fall season. It would sure be nice to stay healthy for more than 6 months, get in some consistent training and race cross country again. Yes, it would be nice, like really, really, I-can't-put-it-into-words nice.

And before I pull the plug on this entry, welcome Casey Moulton into the running blog mix. It's good to have him aboard.

Quote of the Day

"I believe I can. I know I am prepared. Can I do it? I think I can."
- Craig Mottram on whether or not he can win the World Championships 5,000 meters.


No comments: