Thursday, August 30, 2007

Frazzled on Friday

7:20 AM - 8 miles, 55:05 - RockPak 8.
Comments: Felt pretty decent given a less-than-ideal night of sleep. Last 3 miles in 6:41, 6:25, 6:01. 5 x 100m incline/decline strides afterward.

It's been a busy week on many fronts, starting with a spike in mileage, which was made all the more challenging while putting in full days on a concrete floor at an increasingly busy store. A handful of unsuccessful attempts at getting all the other important everyday life stuff taken care within a relatively unproductive daily 3-hour window after work, a still unwritten newspaper column and a fast-approaching weekend trip to Oregon for Oscar & Carrie's wedding and you have one frazzled Mario.

Sleep has been the red-headed step child of this crazy week, taking a vicious beating without being totally ignored. My running column, on the other hand, which is due sometime before the clock strikes midnight, has been the completely neglected child and desperately needs some attention. I should probably start packing soon, too.

Did I mention I'm getting on a plane in less than 12 hours?

Quote of the Day

"Going up Mountain Road I wanted to die, and coming back down Mile Hill Road I thought I was going to."
- Greg Ward commenting on his first bike ride over "The Death Loop"

No comments: