Thursday, August 09, 2007

No complaints

My legs are sore, my body is tired and I'm not going to complain about it one bit. Seriously.

These aren't feelings of pain or fatigue -- no, no -- these are the long lost feelings of Effort, my friends. It's been a while since I've experienced this foreign sensation and man does it feel gooooood. Every time I get up from my chair or walk down the stairs and my quads scream at me, they're not telling me to sit back down -- they're just reminding me that I'm alive.

I'm no masochist, merely a distance runner. Hell, who am I kidding, the two are one and the same.

Quote of the day:

I think optimism is way overrated. Too much optimism means you’re going to be disappointed. But enough pessimism ensures that more often than not you’re going to be pleasantly surprised.
- Ian Dobson

No comments: