Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Viva El Papi!

A few random tidbits worth mentioning:

* I don't care if he doesn't get another hit from now until October and the Red Sox lose their remaining 58 games. Give David Ortiz the AL MVP trophy right now.

* The whole Floyd fiasco finds me dumbfounded. I don't know if he's clean. I don't know if he's dirty. I don't know what to think. I'll leave it at that for now.

* Descending a hill on a bike at close to 40 mph makes for one hell of an adrenaline rush. A tad dangerous, but if it wasn't dangerous, it wouldn't be fun. Right?

* Holy humidity Batman! What a wacky weather pattern we've gone through this summer. Rain, rain, rain, rain, nice, hot, hot, hot, hot, nice, hot, hot, rain, hot, hot, hot. Great Willard Scott this is ridiculous!

* I saw Dr. Stevenson, the orthopedic at St. V's on Friday morning. Aside from him telling me I run too much and no good coach would ever allow me to run more than 50 miles in a week (I stuck up for you Kevin, no worries), he said it will take at least 6-8 more weeks for the stress fracture to heal before I even begin to think about running. From my own research into pelvic stress fractures, and given that I've already got two weeks of no running under my belt, that sounds about right. He gave me the green light to cross-train as I see fit as long as it's not weight bearing and doesn't cause me any pain. During an otherwise grim visit, this provided a small ray of encouragement. Regardless, I'm getting a second opinion.

That's it for now. Too hard to think when it's 95 degrees with equal humidity. Take it easy.

Quote of the day:

Basically, you gotta do what you gotta do. The guy had to make a pitch at the time. You don't want to get the bases loaded and have a hitter like Manny coming up afterwards. So, like I say, you just gotta be ready. I just try to put a good swing on the ball. That's about it.
- David Ortiz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Stevenson's rap doesn't sound nearly as bad as I would have imagined. Yippee. You'll be back stronger in no time at all. Bests, Corrado.

Anonymous said...

"Great Willard Scott??" Oh, booo...genius, but boooo...."