Thursday, August 17, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

And that was before I even took into account the fact that I'm the only guy on the desk tonight reading copy.

I've got nothing to complain about, really, but there is a lot on my plate in the coming week, including a few late shifts on the desk, a couple interviews for the people at this fine organization, a fresh running column, two high school cross country previews and a partridge in a pair tree. If I get my ass in gear and stay on top of things, I should be fine.

Speaking of my ass and gears, I biked 50 miles today - which is the furthest I've ever propelled two wheels with my own legs. It was an exhilerating - not to mention mildly exhausting - experience, to say the least.

And lastly, let me reiterate how much I hate dealing with agents. Sorry Jerry Maguire, but when I finally run some times worthy enough of a big pay day, I'll handle the media requests myself.

That is all. Until next time, take it easy.

Quote of the day:

Here you are, representing an organization that is no doubt paying [this woman] thousands just to show up, and [this clown] acts like you're trying to interview Dubya bedside for The Nation.
- A wise editor I do work for

No comments: