Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Scaling the Pyramid

8:30 AM - BSC - Bike, 55:00.
2 x [1-2-3-3-2-1 minutes out of the saddle @ 90% effort. 1 minute recovery between reps, 3 minutes between sets.]

Old Man Winter made his presence felt this morning, ruining the roadways and adding 20 minutes to my usually calm commute. I had hoped to bang out an hour or more on the bike, but since the absolute latest I can dismount and still get the store open on time is 9:25, 55 minutes was all I had time for this morning. I made the most of it, however, climbing the pyramid twice for 24 minutes worth of work. It was a solid effort and I was able to get my heartrate up into the 180 range. This highly accurate reading was taken off my very primitive heart rate monitor, meaning I put my index and middle fingers to my neck, counted beats for 10 seconds and multiplied by 6, so 30-31 x 6 = 180-ish. How's that for targeted training?

No other excitement worth writing about today as it was a pretty slow day at the store, and I believe a lot of that had to do with the weather. The roadways were fine after 10 AM, but something about the first real sloppy day of the season has a way of keeping people indoors. And with a forecasted 8-10 inches of snow on the radar for Friday, a nor'easter on tap for later in the weekend and Christmas now only a week away, this only means one thing: we're in for a pre-holiday pummeling some time next week. I'm hope that's the case, anyway. Definitely makes the day go by faster.

1 comment:

Caitlyn Clark said...

Jeeeezze... I lose power for a few days, and you post on every single day! I've gotta catch up!