Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mario & Bob's Excellent Adventure

11:40 AM - WB Rail Trail - 7 miles, 1:01:00.

I wish I had a camera with me this morning as Hodgie-San and I navigated our way along the wind-battered West Boylston Rail Trail. The carnage was almost comical as we avoided obstacles every couple hundred feet for about 3-1/2 miles, at which point we retreated to the road for the remainder of the run. The overall pace of the run was easy peezy lemon squeezy but the gymnastics involved in getting over, around and through the busted branches that tattered the trail were in fact quite a challenge. I'm almost tempted to log it as cross training.

Slow pace aside, this was my longest run in 11 weeks and so far, so good. No pain in my butt and overall everything is holding up incredibly well. I'm a very happy runner right now. To ensure that I stay that way, I've made an appointment at Central Mass Physical Therapy with a guy named Mike Roberts, who will look me over soup to nuts and hopefully help figure out why I keep cracking and how I can prevent it from happening again. Mike comes highly recommended by close friends and loyal customers and I am excited for my long overdue appointment at the ass crack of dawn on Christmas Eve morning.

I'm also excited for the third annual PR Running holiday extravaganza, which is now less than three hours away. And by extravaganza I mean a nice dinner with my co-workers somewhere other than crowded around a small folding table in the back room of the store. Time to clean up and look classy. Translation: take a shower and don't wear sneakers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's going to check over your soup and nuts?? Not sure either of those have anything to do with your injuries, so you may want to be sure that's entirely necessary first.

You and Bob are tougher than I. I got to the 3/4 mile marker and bagged it. It may be a long time before those trees are cleared away.

Glad to see you're back running though!
-Greg

Anonymous said...

"ass crack of dawn on Christmas Eve morning"

That sounds like a bad omen.

Kelrock said...

Great to see you back at it me man. Just be careful with the strides and drills. Its still early in your return to impact and you can not underestimate the force of doing a stride. With that being said, I agree that drills on a consistant basis will help with form and alignment. Now I jsut need to get my lazy ass to follow suit.