Thursday, December 18, 2008

Home Run

9:40 AM - Worcester/Auburn - 9 miles, 1:04:00.
3 sets of drills in the parking lot afterward.
12:05 PM - BSC - Weights, 30:00.

Depending on what time the snow starts falling tomorrow, this morning's little jaunt from home may have been my last element-free run for a few days. I'm not sure on the specifics, but it looks like we're gonna get slammed with a little bit of weather over the next few days. So much for a mild winter, and it hasn't even started yet.

My run this morning covered a route which has taken on a special meaning for me over the past few months. After descending from the small mountain I call home, I made my way down Hope Ave. and into the Notre Dame Cemetery, where my Mom is buried. This is a place of peace for me. It's a spot where I can have a few uninterrupted moments with myself, my thoughts and most importantly, my Mom. It may sound crazy, but I can absolutely feel her presence every time I make this brief stop. This provides me with a tremendous sense of comfort I'm having trouble putting into words right now, so I'll just leave it at that.

In other news, Rich & I took a look at the Brooks footwear line for next fall this afternoon and - as expected - it was solid. I'd go into more detail but it's now 20 past 11 and I need to get my ass to bed. With the impending storm I'm sure I'll have some time on my hands during the next day or two to mumble about MoGo midsoles and hype up Hydroflow. Until then, take it easy.

No comments: