Friday, May 19, 2006

Saving face

Quick update, considering I'm currently operating on a serious lack of sleep with yet another early day on the horizon tomorrow morning. Adam Ten and I are heading up to Bedford, NH at the ass crack of dawn for a lil 12K fun on the roads, which seemed like a bright idea until I came to the unfortunate realization that I'd be getting my rear end out of bed at the un-godly hour of 6 a.m. What the hell was I thinking!?! Eh, sleep is for the weak, that's what I'll keep telling myself. I'll just suck it up and deal with it.

I talked to Kevin about my plans for tomorrow on Tuesday night at practice and he thought the "race" was a good idea as long as I could keep things under relative control. That shouldn't be a problem. The idea is to hit 5:30-pace through five miles and then bring it down a bit over the last two. I'm not too worried about the 5:30s, but it will be interesting to see what I can do off that pace. That's the challenge at hand. Check back sometime tomorrow or Sunday if you're curious to see how it all went down.

In the meantime, check out this interview, which consequently was the first blow to my beauty sleep earlier in the week.

OK, I'm done my incessant bitching - time to hit the hay. Take it easy all.

Quote of the day:

Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Saturday, Sunday…it never ends. It is a huge, huge commitment if you are going to train at that highest level.
- Bob Kennedy

No comments: