Sunday, March 22, 2009

An Ras and No Mor

FRIDAY
8 AM - Westboro - 8 miles, 1:00:00.

SATURDAY
8:20 AM - Westboro - 8 miles, 1:00:00.
6 x 20-second strides afterward.

SUNDAY
10 AM - Cambridge - 10.5 miles.
23:00 warmup, 32:00 cooldown.
An Ras Mor 5K (2nd, 15:31)

4:05 PM - Lake Park - 4.5 miles, 35:00.

The possibility of the 5K I mentioned in my last post became a reality this morning as I invaded the People's Republic of Cambridge for a road racing war more commonly known as the An Ras Mor. It was my first snow-free contest of 2009 and to be honest I thought it went pretty well. I fell a few ticks short of taking home the win, but I'm happy with the effort I put forth and proud that I stuck my nose in there from the start of the race and mixed it up with a few moves in the middle. In the end I couldn't finish the job and the time was slower than spectacular, but this is a definite step in the right direction and a solid start to the spring season. Hats off to Dan Smith on a well-run race and Brendan Prindiville on an excellent effort to finish third.

I don't know what's next as far as races are concerned but the general idea is to bag a few more weeks of consistent training and take it from there. As far as the immediate future is concerned, it involves my couch, the TV and a cup of tea. Take it easy.

1 comment:

That Runner Chick said...

both of us! PW was up by the intersection of albany, where you turned onto mass ave. and i was...somewhere? further up on mass ave!!