Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bright, sun-shiny day

Nice one out there today with sunny skies, a light breeze and less-than-oppressive humidity. This morning was an easy 5 miles from home in 36 minutes just to loosen up for tonight's workout in Waltham. Originally I had planned on heading up to Keene this morning for a mini three-day training camp with old BAA pal Mark Miller, but due to circumstances beyond immediate control, those plans fell through yesterday. We've rescheduled for a few weeks from now for what promises to be a rousing good time, complete with some monster mileage, varying degrees of debauchery and more than a few games of high-powered Wiffle Ball (two words, capital B - John C. said so).

In other news, keep your eyes open for an Alistair Cragg interview soon to appear on mensracing.com. This lad is perhaps second fastest white boy in the world at the moment and was one of the more enjoyable interviews I've done recently, so be sure to check that out as soon as the fine folks over at NYRR deem it ready for public viewing.

Well, I've got a little over an hour before battling the imminent Route 95 traffic that will inevitably extend my afternoon voyage, so I'm gonna go cut me some watermelon and catch the first half of French and Spanish war before I head out. Hope all is well with everyone out in blogland (Jorge, I think this is one word, but perhaps we should check with John to be sure). Take it easy all.

Quote of the day:

The hills did not beat me, Brian Sell beat me.
- John Korir

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Cragg interview. Someone should tell them they spelled his name wrong throughout, though. (Unless this is a case of them being right and everyone else being wrong.) I'm not going to be the one to do it, I've already offered too much of this sort of feedback.