Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Unwelcome alliteration

So it's been about a week since I've last posted, or run for that matter, and the nagging niggle I've been battling in my right ankle has become more of a persistent pain and may be a bit more serious than the posterior tib tendonitis I originally suspected. I haven't been looked at by a medical professional yet or been handed any sort of official diagnosis but that will be coming within the next week or so -- hopefully sooner if I can pull the proper strings. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm not gonna wake up tomorrow morning and bang out 10 miles -- or any amount of miles for that matter -- without issue so it seems that some unplanned time off my feet is now the plan, whether I like it or not. And just for the record, no I don't like it.

Anyway, racing on July 4 is pretty much out the window, Beach to Beacon is looking less likely every day and a fall cross country season is about as much a reality at this point as the Yankees catching the Red Sox in the AL East -- meaning it probably won't happen but no one's ruling out the possibility just yet. So as we get closer to fall keep in mind that anything can still happen, which is reason to remain optimistic -- in my case anyway.

Quote of the day:

Soldier On.
- Wise advice from Hodgie-San

2 comments:

mark said...

4 to 5 months until XC. No worries yet! Stay strong.

k.gwyth said...

hang in there & just be patient with it.

p.s. are you gong to Jeff's on the 21st? I am flying in that morning, so if so you, me and Drisc should carpool!