Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Scars heal

So it seems I have a penchant for abusive relationships.

Although she originally didn't seem to have a problem with it, I'm sensing that Celine must be feeling a bit of jealousy toward R since I began seeing her again last week. I'm not sure exactly what I said, or did, but while out on our ride this morning Celine got uber pissed and snapped at me, tossing me to the road at about 23 mph. The fall didn't seem to affect her at all, but left me with a couple nasty reminders of my apparent wrongdoings. We rode home in an eerily, uncomfortable silence.

I'm supposed to see R tomorrow, but Celine left me a little bruised by today's incident and I'm not sure if I'll be up to it or not. Maybe everything will feel better in the morning, but we'll see.

There's gonna have to be some bit of compromise here or I may have to re-think this relationship completely. I can't make everyone happy, but I do have to watch out for myself so I don't keep getting burned like this. Live and learn.

Quote of the day:

To beat Lagat, I will need to train harder than he does; that will be very difficult. He is the second greatest miler of all time. I think I can do it.
- Gabe Jennings, who else?

No comments: