So what have I been up to? Good question, and while I don't have the time right now to provide a complete answer, here's the Cliff's Notes version:
* Trip to Michigan, interviewing for a position as the assistant web editor for the U of M Athletics Web site, mgoblue.com. In short, the interview went really well, the people seemed really nice, Ann Arbor is a beeeeeeeeautiful city, but after experiencing the ins and outs of the job up close, I just couldn't see myself being happy in that line of work. I haven't been offered or denied the job yet, but either way, I won't be moving to Ann Arbor any time in the immediate future (sorry Gwyth!). The interview experience itself, however, was invaluable and worth the trip itself.
* 72.5-mile bike ride with Bergs and Reino early on Saturday morning. Key word: early. Longest ever for all three of us, and really hauling for a good portion of it. Fun times.
* Starting a new part-time gig here next week. Should provide me some extra cash and a nice discount on running shoes and gear. Rich and Jess are great people too, happy I can help them out.
* Speaking of running, Week 1 of the return was a solid success. Three days, three runs totaling 15 minutes in 5-minute run/walk bouts, and no pain. I've got a long road ahead of me, but at least I'm making progress. Patience is key.
* Red Sox. I won't even get started on the Red Sox. Let's go Pats!
And with that, I'm outta time for tonight.
Quote of the day:
Mario, just take it easy.
- An older, wiser Ryan Carrara, giving me my own much-needed advice