Sunday, September 03, 2006

Baby steps

First attempt at any sort of meaningful forward mobility in 8 weeks and I'm happy to report that it went very well. 15 minutes worth of running in three 5-minute segments with 5 minutes of walking in between. Some expected tightness in the hip flexors, quads and calves - not to mention overall awkwardness from dragging my fat ass around the field - but no pain to report in the area of concern. A good first step - happier than a pig in shit right now.

That's it for now, take it easy.

Quote of the day:

Running to him was real, the way he did it the realest thing he knew. It was all joy and woe, hard as diamond; it made him weary beyond comprehension. But it also made him free.
- Once A Runner

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the first time in what, 4 years? 5 years? that I'm running more than you are? Course you're still in better shape than I am, but at least I can brag about something. Good to see that you made it back from the land of the DL alright. Now, stay patient and you won't have to return.

Jay

Andy Mulvaney said...

I'm glad to hear you're running again!