Sunday, May 11, 2008

Freshening up

I'm back from the Beaver State, feeling refreshed and armed with a fresh perspective. It's amazing how four days of clean air in your lungs, soft woodchip trails underneath your feet and genuine kindness all around you can lift the mind, body and soul out of a monotonous rut. Of course, catching up with distant relatives, watching teammates race at historic Hayward Field and shaking hands with the man who will hopefully become our next president only added to the revival of positive energy I experienced this week. Sometimes a little escape can go a long way -- in more ways than one, in fact.

I've got thoughts to share and pictures to post from my trip, but I'll wait until tomorrow or Tuesday to do so since I've got the next two days off from work and to be quite honest, I'm pooped.

Sorry folks, but a guy's gotta sleep.

No comments: